Today I’m taking a look at a brand new Elementor addon plugin that ads a hover tag to all elements to show you what plugin that widget is from.
Which Elementor Addon will help you to find out the widget’s plugin name so you can identify what ones you have used when creating your pages layouts. 😁
This can be really handy as there are plenty of Third-Party Elementor Addons which help add extra function to Elementor.
If your anything like me you’ve installed a few different add-on plugins to help you build out your site as they all offer something different.
How to find what plugin’s widget you’re using?
Currently, if you want to find the plugin name of the widgets that are being used, We have to edit every section to find out the name of the widgets.
Or you can use the inspect tool in your browser to locate the class id of the widgets which doesn’t tell you what widget it is.
Why should you use Which Addons for Elementor?
Nowadays most of the popular Elementor Addons come with the On-Demand Asset Loading. Allowing you to disable the unused widgets from the admin panel of those plugins.
Switching off unused elements will help you ensure the fastest speed of your site. And Which Elementor Addon will help to find the used widgets, and you can easily disable your unused widgets. Indirectly, this plugin will help you in speeding up your website.
Which Elementor Addons Features
1 – Front end widget display
This setting when enabled and you are logged in, allows you to see what addon widget is being used when browsing your website.
- To enable this setting go to Elementor > Tools > Which Elementor Addon settings tab > Tick enable on the front end and save.
2 – Label position
This setting enables you to position the label where you would like it to be displayed.
- To enable this setting go to Elementor > Tools > Which Elementor Addon settings tab > under label settings select the position and save.
How to use Which Elementor Addon
So using the Which Elementor Addon plugin, its really simple and it will save your valuable time. All you need is to install and activate the plugin first and go to pages, Edit with Elementor and just hover every widget. You will see the plugin name of that addon in Top-Left side.
Plugin Settings Panel
Since version 1.0.0 Which Addons now features a control panel to configure display settings.
Here you can control
- Enable on the front end and or backend.
- Show label on hover or always.
- Set the position of the label – center center, top centre, top left.
- Set show widget name with the plugin name.
How to find the settings panel
- Click on Elementor
- Click on Tools.
- And select the Which Elementor Addon
How to Install the plugin
It’s really easy and super simple to install Which Elementor Addon plugin but before installing Which Elementor Addon make sure you are really an Elementor user.
- Go to
Plugins > Add Newscreen in WordPress.
- Search for Which Elementor Addon.
- Install and activate the plugin, that’s it.
- Download Which Elementor Addon.
- Extract the
which-elementor-addon.zipfile. You’ll get plugin files inside
- Upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
Upcoming Feature Releases
I’ve talked to the developer and have managed to get a list of planned features in upcoming releases, and the best thing will be is that all these settings will be configurable.
Hover badge position (top left, top center , bottom left etc)Added 1.0.0 Plugin name + widget nameAdded 1.0.0 Plugin settings pageAdded 1.0.0 Enable on front endAdded 1.0.0 Label visibility on hover or alwaysAdded 1.0.0 Show widget name with plugin name setting Added1.0.0
- Plugin and widget usage statistics on page/post list page (so you don’t have to go to edit mode).
- Plugin and widget usage statistics on WP dashboard or Elementor dashboard.