Are you trying to put the current year in your footer copyright status, and not sure how with the Elementor footer builder?
Most themes allow customizing of the default footer to add a shortcode such as [current_year] into the footer to dynamically add the current year.
- Example 1: Mick The WP Mentor © 2019
- Example 2: Mick The WP Mentor © 2017 – 2019
- Example 3: Copyright © 2019 | Mick the WP Mentor
Popular Theme ShortCodes:
- If you are using AstraWP, the shortcode is [current_year] – Get instructions
- If you are using OceanWP the shortcode is [oceanwp_date] – Get instructions
- If you are using GeneratePress you need to add it manually – Get instructions
However, if you are designing a custom footer through Elementor, the theme shortcodes won’t work however you can add it really easy with Elementor Pro
Instructions – Dynamic Year in Elementor footer
Drag the Heading widget to where you want to put your copyright text with the Dynamic Year in Elementor footer.
Under the Content tab, click on the word “Dynamic” that is just above and to the right of the title section.
When you click on dynamic you will see a bunch of options, click on the Current Date and Time under the Site heading
- Click on the Spanner icon to see the Dynamic Settings
- For the date format, click the drop-down, and select Custom.
- In the Custom Format input field type a Capital “Y” (without the quotes).
(you should see the current year appear)
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Before text field, enter the text you want before the year, such as “Copyright ©”
- in the After text field, enter the text you want after the year, such as ” | Mick the WP Mentor”
- In the fallback field, enter the text you want as a fallback, such as ” Copyright © 2019 | Mick the WP Mentor”
That’s it! pretty easy hey? Now when a new year comes around the year will automatically change, just remember you need Elementor pro for this option.