Today we are going to discuss why you should create a new user for your WordPress developer, Let’s say you need to create your own WordPress website. permalink
Perhaps for the purposes of a blog, a landing page for your business or to use as a portfolio. But…you don’t know where to start.
That’s where a developer comes in. If you’re a beginner, hiring a developer is an excellent way to avoid worrying about the technical details of building your own WordPress website.
However, there’s one more thing to you need to consider before handing over your password and username.
Why is this necessary to create a new user for your WordPress developer?
Think about it this way
Would you give a plumber the key to your house and let them hold onto it after the work had been completed? No.
The same goes for your WordPress. The inside may contain your location, credit card details and any other sensitive information.
This is why creating a temporary login is so important.
Learn how to create a new user for your WordPress developer
If you’d like to learn how to create your own, just follow the steps—it’s pretty easy.
- From the sidebar menu In your WordPress dashboard, click on USERS > ADD NEW.
- Now its time to fill out the details for your developer, You’re almost there!
- USERNAME: Add a username for your developer, you can use something relating to them.
- EMAIL: You will need an email address for them as they will receive an email with the login details.
- FIRST NAME: You can add their name here.
- LAST NAME: You can add their last name or leave this blank.
- WEBSITE: You can add this or leave it blank it is up to you.
- CHOOSE ROLE: Make sure you assign them to an administrator role
- ADD NEW USER: Click this button and you are all done!
NOTE: Make sure you leave the password section blank. This is so your developer can create their own password, from the email you send them.
Congratulations! You’ve just made your developer a user account.
We’re not done yet though. There’ll come a time where you and your developer will part ways. You’ll say thank you for your work and that will be it.
If you want to keep your developer’s role for maintenance purposes, change their role to SUBSCRIBER. This will limit their accessibility to your WordPress.
But if that’s it, then all you need to do is delete their account. Open up your dashboard and the USERS menu and delete the user.
If you’ve found this article helpful, please jump over to Mick The WP Mentor on Facebook. I’ll have all the best tips and advice for anyone looking to create their very own WordPress.
Like the page, and show the love by leaving a recommendation.
Dont know how to find your admin login page, click here